What is xBids & xAsks
This is part of our order flow tracking system.
- xBids used to be bids when they were in the order book
- xAsks used to be asks when they were in the order book
xBids were once orders to buy which have been filled, this means that the this order sold assets to an outstanding bid to buy them, xBids represent sell orders.
xAsks were once orders to sell which have been filled, this means that the this order bought assets from an outstanding ask to sell them, xAsks represent buy orders.
We are charting out (and offering via API) the following xBids & xAsks data sets
- Real Time, updated by the minute
- 1 hour average, updated by the minute
- 3 hour average, updated by the minute
- 24 hour average, updated by the minute
We offer short term averages as they are more appropriate in relationship to the usefulness of order flow data and provide the following value.
- Smooth trendlines
- Avoids impact from single anomolous market spike
- Provides easier to decipher trends
- Provides ability to track the crossing of multiple short term moving averages